My family, see also Apocolypse, four horsemen of

April 15th, 2009

We are sick. Oh, yes, we are sick. Small Boy, Husband and I all have bronchitis and are all taking antibiotics. (Hey, we hit the trifecta!) Boychen, miraculously, was proclaimed bronchially fit but with a red inflamed – “not an infection, yet” – inner ear. The left ear, for the curious. He’s got ear-drops and nose-drops and cough syrup. A part of me is wondering if we shouldn’t just throw him on antibiotics anyway because, really, like he’s going to get out of this without deveoping bronchitis, too? Seriously, you think? Most of me, however, is cautious about using antibiotics, as is our pediatrician Dr. Norwegian (which is one of the many things I really like about him). But really. Seems to me like the poor boy is doomed.

9 Responses to “My family, see also Apocolypse, four horsemen of”

1. Betsy on April 16, 2009 7:08 am

You never know, Boychen might end up surprising you! I remember when S and B were small– there were so many times when I thought an illness was inevitable and then it miraculously passed them by. (And then there were the times when I was sure everything would be fine…)

Hope you all are feeling better very soon!

2. Julia@kolo on April 16, 2009 7:30 am

Feel better soon!

3. Jennifer on April 16, 2009 10:32 am

You could be right Betsy. He’s a surprisingly tough little dude.

4. Bethany on April 16, 2009 8:41 pm

Hehe, this post’s title made me laugh. I’m so sorry you’re all sick; isn’t that how it tends to go in our little families? Coordination. Anyway, I’m just now catching up on blogs after our Easter break, and wanted to say I hope your groove is waiting for you just on the other side of bronchitis. 🙂 (I’m completely impressed that even in a writing slump, you’re managing to put together poetry packages. Completely impressed.)

5. christina on April 18, 2009 6:03 pm

Oh the sick. How I detest it. It has been the story of our winter…

6. lillian on April 22, 2009 1:50 am

You should live in Thailand.. the doc gives antibiotics for sunburns, scratches not to mention red ears ! But I am leaning your way,.. why wait. just give the AB and get well again 🙂 How unswiss of you lol

7. Jennifer on April 22, 2009 9:11 am

Lillian, actually we held out on antibiotics for Boychen. I can’t tell if he’s better or not, though…

8. Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com on April 22, 2009 10:46 pm

Ugh. I hope everyone is feeling better sooner than later! And I hope you don’t need antibiotics after all!!

9. lillian on April 25, 2009 6:59 am

I”m guessing he’s better without AB? even better !!